Living with your significant other can provide all sorts of decorating challenges. For my boyfriend and I, that’s meant finding a way to display his many collections, while also finding space on the wall for the various art pieces I’ve collected over the years.
While I don’t consider myself very girly (I’m pretty sure I don’t own any pink clothing…), it has been tricky for us to compromise between decor that leans towards the masculine or feminine. Even for couples who have similar taste in decor, it seems that there is always something contentious about decorating your home together.
As a couple, we can agree on a few things: we prefer clean lines and neutral colors. I put together a little collection of items that I think we’d both love to incorporate into our own living room.
*The best part of this collection? Everything was made in the USA! Except for that little ceramic planter, that’s from Belgium, but I loved it too much not to include it.
1. Painting from Jeremy Miranda (I believe he’ll do custom pieces)
2. Mulberry Tripod Floor Lamp from Schoolhouse Electric
3. Petrie Sofa from Crate & Barrel
4. & 5. Pillows from Cotton & Flax
6. Amersley Coffee Table from Schoolhouse Electric
7. Ceramic Planter from Terrain